Faculty of Agronomy
University of Parakou, Benin
Laboratory of Ecology, Botanic and plant Biology (LEB),
Faculty of Agronomy, University of Parakou
- Ph.D., University of Abomey-Calavi (Benin), 2014, Major: Agronomy
- Agricultural Engineering Degree, University of Abomey-Calavi (Benin), 2006, Major: Agronomy & Forestry
- High School Diploma, Major Biology (Diplôme du Baccalauréat Série Scientifique D), CEG Ste Rita, Benin, 2001
- Spatial dynamics of the defense syndrom of Acacia sieberiana in Biosphere Reserve of Pendjari (West Africa)
- In situ Conservation and Habitat Restoration Plan of Threatened Orchid Species in Northern Benin
- Effects of mycorrhizal symbiosis on the productivity and nutritional quality of rangelands in northern Benin
- The shea tree and its derivatives in North Benin: Vulnerabilities and measures of adaptation to climatic variability
- Relationship between local knowledge of ecosystem services, Perception of availability of natural resources and practices in agricultural lands
- Dynamics of Forestry Residues Availability for Bioenergy Production and impacts of fuelwood production on Functional Diversity in Benin
- Ecology And Dynamics of Baobab Regeneration (Adansonia digitata L.) in Benin (West Africa)
- Physicomechanical and energetic characteristics of Acacia auriculiformis according to the type of soil, the age of the stands and the conditions of syslviculture in Benin.
I graduated with BSc (in Agronomy) 2006, MSc (Management of Natural Resources) 2008, and PhD (Ecology and Conservation of Plant communities) 2014, all from the University of Abomey-Calavi, Republic of Benin. I successfully completed the international field course of Tropical Biology Association (TBA) on Tropical Ecology and Conservation at Kirindy, Madagascar in 2004, and Vice Chancellor Postdoctoral Fellowship Postdoctoral study at University of Pretoria (UP) 2016-2018.
I have worked in academic and research institutions with relevant experiences in research and publication on tropical forest and woodland ecosystems of West, Southern and Eastern Africa. I started as assistant lecturer at University of Abomey-Calavi, Republic of Benin 2014-2015. One year later, I have been admitted as assistant lecturer and researcher at université de Natingou, Republic of Benin (2015-2016). I joined the Department of Management of Natural Resources, Faculty of Agronomy, University of Parakou, Republic of Benin in 2015 as a full time Lecturer and researcher. During these times, I have been strongly involved in dynamic research groups both at University of Abomey-Calavi and University of Parakou in Benin and University of Pretoria in South Africa. My membership to the Laboratory of Ecology, Botany and Plant Biology (University of Parakou) was an opportunity to conduct researches in Forest Biology, as co-director of the research unit “Forest Management and Ecological Modeling (UR-BioME)”. My research focus include: “Degraded habitat Restoration and Participatory Conservation action plan for Threatened Orchids”; Tree regeneration and factors affecting seedling density; Pland Ecology and habitat characteristics. I am currently involved in three research projects and member of several national and international forest institutions. I have also been invited to present my work at a number of international scientific events.
My excellence in research and publication areas allowed me to be granted IDEA Wild grant in 2014, RUFFORD small grant (2015 and 2018), International foundation for sciences (IFS) in 2016. I acquired excellent research skill and publication experiences to be promoted in June 2018 to the position of Senior Lecturer and Researcher at University of Parakou. The relevance of my output and my dynamism as young scientist also justified my nomination October 2018 as member and secretary on board of “Academy of Young Scientist of Benin Republic (AJSB)”.
Furthermore, I am a good writer and most of my research outputs have been published in peer reviewed journals and conference proceedings, including three books.
- Eméline Sêssi Pélagie Assédé, Chabi Adéyèmi Marc Sylvestre Djagoun, Fortuné Akomian Azihou, Yannick Senakpon Caleb Gogan, Meryas Dègbémabou Kouton, Aristide Cossi Adomou, Coert Johannes Geldenhuys, Paxie Wanangwa Chirwa, Brice Augustin Sinsin. 2018. Efficiency of conservation areas to protect orchid species in Benin, West Africa. South African Journal of Botanic 116: 230-237.
- Eméline Sêssi Pélagie Assédé, Chabi Adéyèmi Marc Sylvestre Djagoun, Akomian Fortuné Azihou, Meryas Dègbémabou Kouton, Yannick Senakpon Caleb Gogan, Coert Johannes Geldenhuys, Paxie Wanangwa Chirwa and Brice Augustin Sinsin. 2017. Folk perceptions and patterns of use of orchid species in Benin, West Africa. Flora et Vegetatio Sudano-Sambesica 20: 26-36.
- Fandohan, A. B., A. M. O. Oduor, A. I. Sodé, L. Wu, A. Cuni-Sanchez, E. Assede, and G. N. Gouwakinnou. (2015). Modeling vulnerability of protected areas to invasion by Chromolaena odorata under current and future climates. Ecosystem Health and Sustainability 1(6): 1-12.